*inclusive of all taxes
What is a Lip Mousse?
A lip pigment with a creamy consistency, a lip mousse is air- whipped which gives it a lightweight texture. With a soft and smooth matte feel, it feels weightless on the lips. Ideal for a pop of instant bold colour, glides smoothly and gives a long-lasting finish. Lip mousses are extremely hydrating and enriched with nourishing and moisturising ingredients to condition and soften your lips.
Lipstick or Lip Mousse? What Is the Difference?
A lipstick can have various textures ranging from matte and cream to satin and gloss. The texture of a lip mousse is smooth, with a matte or creamy finish. Lipsticks are usually long lasting especially the matte ones. A lip mousse is hydrating but is not transfer resistant. A lipstick comes in many forms like liquid, creams and even crayons, A lip mousse has a creamy consistency and is available only in tubes.
Benefits of Using a Lip Mousse:
- Ideal for a soft dewy look: The soft lip look is quite a popular trend these days and a lip mousse is the perfect product for it . It creates a soft look in contrast to heavy lined looks given by lipstick or a lip liner.
- Has a lightweight finish: Unlike heavy and cakey lipsticks, the lightweight finish of a mousse feels soft and airy on your lips, close to not wearing any lip product at all.
- Nourishing and moisturising: A lip mousse is extremely soft and moisturising, so you need not worry about using it on dry sensitive lips. Its smooth consistency also does not give a cracking feel like other matte lip products.
- No perfect way to apply: A lip moose is very easy to apply. All it needs is a simple swipe across the lips and the application is done.
Points to keep in mind.
- If you are looking to create a uniform finish and perfectly lined lips, then you should give the lip mousse a skip as it is difficult to create a sharp look with a lip mousse.
- A lip mouse has a soft creamy look and should be layered with a gloss if a shiny, shimmery look is desired.
How to Apply a Lip Mousse
- Prep your lips.
- Clean dry lips form an ideal base for your lip mousse. It also ensures that your lip mousse lasts longer.
- Line your lips.
- Though not required in case of a lip mousse, however if a more precise and defined look is required then you can line your lips with a lip liner.
- Applying the lip mousse
- Starting from your lower lip, begin applying the lip mousse from the centre towards the side.
- After the lower lip is done, follow the same on the upper lip. Pucker your lips for an even finish.
Choosing Your Ideal Lip Shade
Basis your skin tone:
The following are some shades that you can choose from based on your skin tone.
Fair or Light: Shades like light pink, coral, peach, nude, and dusty red look radiant on a light skin tone
Medium: Gorgeous shades like rose, berry, cherry red, and mauve are perfect for a medium skin tone.
Tan and deep skin tones: Tan skin tones look great in coral, deep pink, and bright red, shades while deep skin tones can flaunt shades like plum, caramel and wine.
Basis your undertone:
Undertones also play a crucial role in helping you pick your favourite lip shade. The following are some shades to consider keeping in mind your skin undertones.
Cool undertones: fair or light skin with cool undertones looks great in soft mocha or nude pink or cranberry shades are suited for medium tones with cool undertones while ruby or wine shades work well with tan or deep skin with cool undertones.
Warm undertones: When considering warm undertones, peachy nudes and pale pinks looks good on fair or light skin While copper or bronze shades work best for medium, tan or deep skin
Neutral undertones: The shades for both warm and cool undertones work equally well with this type of undertone.
Basis the size of your lips:
- Avoid dark colours if you have thin lips as it will make your lips look even thinner Choose glosses and creamy textures instead.
- Avoid light and glossy shades if you have plump lips.
Look for a lip mousse that simultaneously treats dry & chapped lips while providing an instant pop of colour. A nourishing formulation will provide the much-needed hydration, making them look soft and plump.